Tuesday, October 6, 2009

WHAT IF...







Today I woke up, found something crawling on my right cheek and yes....I caught it...
A stupid black cricket, trying to get into my ear via my cheek. Soon, I discover a rash, red as blood on my same cheek and I start devising ways to look less ugly owing to the stupid red rash, a gift by the big hearted but small bodied black beast, the idiotic cricket.
Often, there are shrilling noises coming anytime to us in the hostel. Well, there are many reasons like some scary new-hostel-spirit-story, someone jumping in front of you in the dark, Oshi's superb 'tum to thehre pardesi' track and some shrill alarm clocks of some very diligent law students who are not that satisfied by their mid term exam marks (I'm not taking names for security purpose) ;-) and the crawling beasts I was talking about earlier. I am by the way, one of the very few daredevils of the hostel who are not that scared of insects. You can encounter them anywhere......in the toilets, corridors, balconies, rooms, beds and sometimes, food plates. They gather in their batch meetings, which take place every time it rains, the most popular venues for these meetings are window sills and corridor lights. They also take shelter in your hair (I found six small ones when I shampooed after 8 days), sometimes get shut in your laptop and appear out of your sport shoes. Although some of them are quite impressive, like the one in the photograph above.
The hate from these nasty creatures can reach any extent, for example my room mate performed the herculean task of slaying two lizards by the help of an insect spray. I however, show mercy and carry them to a safer place away from such cruel hands (Hope u haven't seen me killing the cockroaches brutally!).
Sometimes I wonder, what this place had been if not our university and I am thrilled at the thought of an insect zoo. This would have made Bhopal an even bigger tourist attraction, and people would have loved to come here. It would have been the first insect zoo in the world and talking economically, it would have fetched more amount than every student's fees combined. So, the next time you see a crawling/flying beauty, do not just ignore or shun it away or scream loudly in fear, just imagine in which section of insects would you keep it in the zoo?

So......until we meet next time on this blog......Buh Byeeeee!


-Durva

4 comments:

  1. Durva! a gr8 job...its very realistic...ouch!! an insect!! ;-)

    shejal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Durva..wait till you see my favourite bug........it stinks of sweaty sports shoes and puke....and for days we were looking for a pair of them in our room(i mean the shoes)......an interesting read....... :)




    Surabhi

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can still sense da fresh smell brought by dat lil sweet bug!!;)
    loved da lil flavour of sarcasm here n there..gud goin!!



    Anubha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me and shreya love the snails, they look beautiful with their shells.. And poor Krithika wonders what is so amusing with these snails..
    Awesome blog ,I must say... Insects are such an integral part of our hostel.. For better insect views, visit our cluster..

    ReplyDelete